Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
Location is open. Ph.D in Statistics is required.
Position Description – Senior Statistician (Vice President or Senior Director)
This individual will provide leadership and expertise in health services research with proficiency in applied statistics, epidemiological methods, healthcare fraud, and healthcare provider performance. Strong statistical skills are required. The successful candidate will be responsible for the production, quality, deployment, and documentation of methodologies and content for Truven Health Analytics clients. This person will be capable of operating as an independent statistical consultant, advising colleagues and clients on the planning and execution of statistical analyses using appropriate methods, as well as on the interpretation and presentation of results. The candidate will also participate in writing new business proposals. Strong skills are expected in statistical programming.
Job Responsibilities and Qualifications (Requirements)
• Collaborate with Project Managers to achieve study objectives, deliver results on time, and ensure the quality of deliverables.
• Interact with knowledge experts to specify statistical models.
• Create specifications for building analytic data files.
• Analyze health research data and interpret results.
• Ensure data and reporting meet high standards.
• Strictly follow data security protocols.
• Serve as consultant regarding content and methods to both internal and external (client) users.
• Innovate statistical methods or adapt standard statistical methods, as needed.
• Communicate effectively with both internal and external clients, explain methods, interpret results, and create effective tabular and graphical displays.
• Give talks on statistical methods for both internal and external audiences.
• Ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality or deadlines on individual projects. Requires experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills: able to discuss technical issues with technical and non-technical audiences and work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Proven ability to estimate and meet realistic timelines.
• Ability to solve problems using analytical skills and choose appropriate statistical methods to meet study objectives.
• Experience in designing analyses for a non-technical client.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and a team player. Requires experience in carrying out innovative methods and functioning as a statistical lead within a project team.
• Experience in the documentation of analytical concepts, in report-writing, and in writing papers for submission to journals. Requires publications in journals or the submission of statistical reports to clients.
• Self directed and motivated: requires minimal management assistance to accomplish day to day activities. Requires significant experience in statistical consulting.
• Experience in a broad array of statistical methods used in health services research. Requires experience with basic and advanced statistical methods, including hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, sample size determination, Bayesian statistics, analysis of variance and regression modeling, including generalized linear models, logistic regression, Poisson regression, hierarchical regression, and data mining.
• Ability to program in SAS.
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite (e.g., Excel and Word).
• PhD in statistics and 5+ years of health services research experience.