The Director Statistical Informatics will provide leadership and expertise in health services research with proficiency in applied statistics, epidemiological methods, sampling methods, and healthcare provider performance. Strong statistical skills are required. The successful candidate will be responsible for the production, quality, deployment, and documentation of methodologies and content for Truven Health Analytics clients. This person will be capable of operating as an independent statistical consultant, advising colleagues and clients on the planning and execution of statistical analyses using appropriate methods, as well as on the interpretation and presentation of results. The candidate will also participate in writing new business proposals. Strong skills are expected in statistical programming.
Note: There are multiple locations where this person can work, and remote is also a possibility.
• Collaborate with researchers to achieve study objectives, deliver results on time, and ensure the quality of deliverables.
• Interact with knowledge experts to specify statistical models.
• Analyze retrospective health research data and interpret results.
• Serve as consultant regarding content and methods to both internal and external users.
• Communicate effectively with both internal and external clients, explain methods, interpret results, and create effective tabular and graphical displays.
• Create specifications for building analytic data files.
• Ensure data and reporting meet high standards.
• Innovate statistical methods or adapt standard statistical methods, as needed.
• Give talks on statistical methods for both internal and external audiences.
REQUIRED Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 10 years experience conducting statistical analyses on health care data
• Ability to solve problems using analytical skills and choose appropriate statistical methods to meet study objectives.
• Excellent communication skills: able to discuss technical issues with technical and non-technical audiences and work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and a team player. Requires experience in carrying out innovative methods and functioning as a statistical lead within a project team.
• Experience in the documentation of analytical concepts, in report-writing, and in writing papers for submission to journals. Requires publications in journals or the submission of statistical reports to clients.
• Experience in designing analyses for a non-technical client.
Education / Certifications
Ph.D in Statistics required
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder