The Manager, Demand Analytics position is responsible for developing and maintaining processes and tools in a SAS ecosystem necessary to support supply chain functions relating to budgeting, finance, forecasting, demand and supply planning, order fulfillment and metrics reporting. The position will also be required to manage continuous process improvements within supply chain, developing and building solutions that are scalable and adaptable to changing business needs. Leverages base SAS coding skills to scrub and maintain large datasets that support business functions relating to demand planning and fulfillment. Proactively provide department and executive leadership with key supply chain performance metrics that impact budgets, supply planning, demand planning, order fulfillment, and finance. Position will own and manage the data integrity of all data sources within supply chain as well as the accuracy and functionality of all tools that are developed.
- Function as the primary expert regarding tools and data developed for supply chain in SAS.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive relational database of key supply chain data sources such as shipment history, historical sales forecasts, inventory levels, customer information (planograms, fixtures, etc.) and demand plans.
- Build and maintain supply chain replenishment system in SAS incorporating multiple data source inputs including but not limited to inventory, sales data, customer information, sales forecasts, shipment demand, shipment history, etc.
- Build key supply chain metrics reports that will be shared with executive teams within the company.
- Work with groups within supply chain to identify areas of improvement and pain points that can be automated or streamlined in areas of demand planning, supply planning and order fulfillment.
- Exercise process management skills to improve and/or change existing practices.
- Work cross functionally with Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, and Business Stacks to build comprehensive tools and provide actionable insight into the business to drive sales.
- Create statistical models to analyze and explain business performance and predict future results.
- Support supply chain budgeting process.
- Perform data analysis, forecasting, and report building as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- BA/BS in an analytical field required. MBA/MS desirable.
- Coursework in a combination of 2 years Economics, Calculus, and Statistics desirable.
- Proven ability to build statistical models to solve business problems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with large volumes of data and experience in quantitative analytics a must.
- Minimum 2 years supply chain metrics and reporting a plus.
- Highly proficient Base SAS coding skills required.
- Advanced Base SAS certification highly desirable.
- Experience building integrated databases essential.
- Strong analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data and build quantitative models of business problems.
- Excellent oral and written skills, organizational and time-management abilities, effective inter-personal skills, and the ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the demands and requirements of a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and priorities.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- Ability to find errors in large data sets and identify significant data amid large volumes of routine information.
- Expertise in how to apply multiple linear regression and exponential smoothing helpful.
- Experience with MS Office suite especially Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Experience with VBA code a plus.
- Ability to lead business process changes that require cross-functional alignment involving Demand Planning, Supply Planning and Order Fulfillment.
- Proven ability to design, develop, test, and implement analytical models that are able to take large scale data sets and join them together and then quantify what is driving trends and events.
Must be a US citizen or Green Card holder. e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org