This is a permanent job, but could possibly be a contract, or contract-to-hire if needed. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Applicant must live in the San Francisco Bay Area, although a portion of the work can be done remotely, from home.
This critical position reports to the VP of Marketing and Ecommerce and is responsible for providing data driven information and insights regarding customers, competitors, industry trends, and campaign effectiveness to measure and support business decisions.
- Develop and maintain analyses, reporting, and use of key metrics that drive informed investment decisions across all marketing channels. Included are HouseFile growth models, LTV analysis across acquisition sources and merchandising categories, sales attribution and matchback, optimized customer contact strategies across on-line and off-line vehicles
- Partner with Finance and Marketing to develop daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly order and revenue forecasts that support operations – Inventory management, call center, distribution center.
- Assist in the development and management of weekly marketing reports across all the channels (eg. Catalog, email, on-line) that allow the business owners to easily manage and maintain their own reporting while communicating key drivers.
- Manage the development of circulation models using transactional, third-party data, and other customer engagement variables that drive housefile and prospecting response.
- Construct A/B testing for marketing campaigns and web pages
- Develop, execute, and analyze surveys to inform marketing and product features.
- Perform Ad Hoc analysis as needed.
- Constantly drive for automation and process improvements across all operational, reporting, and analytic queues.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience using MS Transact SQL. Knowledge of SSIS preferred but not required
- Eagerness to learn business processes and grasp new concepts
- Experience with applied statistics preferred but not required
- Ability to effectively manipulate data using Excel and other MS Office tools
- Experience with web analytic tools such as Coremetrics, Site Catalyst, or Google Analytics preferred but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very detail-oriented and organized while working in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on self-directed projects